Best Of Labor Day Weekend Music Events in Florida
Florida News: Fun Musical Events To Do Labor Day Weekend
If you feel like putting on your dancing shoes, there’s something for almost every musical taste happening in Florida this weekend. From old school rappers in Clearwater to electric dance music in Jacksonville, check it out!
1. Old Skool Labor Day Weekend
Head to Shephard’s Beach Resort in Clearwater for an awesome lineup of old school cool including Vanilla Ice, Rob Base, C+C Music Factory, The Flats and Kid ‘n Play. It’s the fifth year for the event and this evening (August 31) is the VIP Labor Day Weekend Kick Off Party where all Facebook fans can get in free with a print out from the resort’s Facebook page. At the Labor Day Beach Party Monday, enjoy $1 drinks and DJ music.
- Highlight: Old school performers
- When: August 31-September 3, 2012
- Where: 619 S. Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater Beach, Florida
- Cost: Ranges from Free to $20
2. Summer Jam Music Festival 2012
Enjoy the sounds of Shaggy, Ky-Mani Marley, Toots & The Mytals, Seven Mary Three, JJ Grey and Mofro, Nerver, Rustico Drop and more legendary bands in this two day music event taking place over Labor Day Weekend.
- Highlight: Shaggy
- When: September 2&3, 2012 | 12pm-10pm
- Where: Meyer Amphitheatre, 104 Datura Street, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Cost: All day passes/$30 advance, Two day passes/$50
3. Electric Sun Festival
Jacksonville is home to a rocking indoor/outdoor electric dance music festival on Labor Day weekend. There will be food and drinks for sale on site and when you’re not dancing to the music there will be several activities taking place throughout the event. Acts include Cedric Gervais, Mark Knight, Cazzette and many more.
- Highlight: 3 stages of outdoor musical performances
- When: August 31 11:am-September 1, 2:00am
- Where: 3800 Saint Johns Bluff Rd. South, Jacksonville, Florida
- Cost: Ticket prices range from $59 for one day admission to $225 for Gold VIP
Which of these fun Labor Day Weekend events would you most enjoy?