Best Of Free Florida Events: September 7-September 14
Florida News: Free Events To Do September 7-September 14
If you’re looking for some inexpensive things to do to bide your time in Florida over the weekend, why not check out one of these great upcoming events? They’re all free!
1. Clean up Keewaydin
Help clean Keewaydin beach on Saturday! A crew will depart from Pelican Bend Restaurant onboard the Calusa Spirit at 8:30am to assist Collier County Sheriff’s Office Marine Bureau and the Collier County Marine Alliance with their clean up efforts. Transportation will bring you back to the island at roughly 12:30pm. Bring your own sunscreen, but water will be provided. Email keewaydincleanup [at] gmail [dot] com to reserve a spot on the vessel.
- Highlight: Doing something for the planet
- When: September 8, 2012 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Where: 219 Capri Boulevard Naples, Florida 34113
- Cost: Free
2. Music by the Sea
Taste some delicious dinner appetizers from Ripe Bistro before the free music starts. Food is served at 6 and the concert begins at 7. This week’s free concert in the Music by the Sea Concert series will feature Jazz/R&B.
- Highlight: Dinner appetizers and music
- When: September 12, 2012 | 6pm-9pm
- Where: 350 A1A Beach Blvd, St. Augustine, Florida 32080
- Cost: Free
3. The Barnacle Historic State Park
Grab a blanket and spread it out under a shady tree at the Barnacle Historic State Park. Read a book or enjoy a read-along. Participate in some of the activities and games taking place at the Books, Birds, Boats and Barnacles activity stations.
- Highlight: Read-a-longs
- When: September 9, 2012 | 11 am – 3 pm
- Where: 3485 Main Highway, Coconut Grove, Florida
- Cost: Free with book donation
Which of these free events would you most like to participate in as you travel through Florida?