Best Of Free Florida Events: October 19-October 26
Florida News: Free Events To Do October 19-October 26
Looking to have some fun as you travel through Florida, without spending a fortune on activities? Check out the following three free events for some low cost entertainment!
1. Key Largo Pirates Fest
Head to Key Largo for a weekend full of pirate-themed events through October 21st. Enter the costume contest, check out the Pirate Parade & Bash, witness pirate shows and an invasion. Hunt for booty! Participate in the Pirate Poker Run! Much plundering will go on in Key Largo this weekend.
- Highlight: Pirates!
- When: October 18-21, 2012
- Where: Various locations in Key Largo, Florida
- Cost: Varies, but most events are free
Celebrate the little turtles that live in rivers throughout Florida and other parts of the southern US – cooters! It’s happening at Liberty Park in downtown Inverness. Come out of your shell and have some fun! Watch the cooter races, celebrate Cooterween and enjoy some good outdoor entertainment. Will you be at the 9th Annual Great American Cooterfest?
- Highlight: Good old southern entertainment
- When: October 26-28, 2012
- Where: Liberty Park, 100-199 N. Apopka Ave., Inverness, Florida, 34450
- Cost: Free
3. 5th Annual Winter Springs Festival
It’s a festival dedicated to art. Check out performances in art and admire works in clay and sculpture, digital media, painting, photography, mixed media, graphics, crafts, drawings, pastels, crafts and jewelry.
- Highlight: Admiring art
- When: October 20-21, 2012 | 10am-5pm
- Where: Northwest corner of SR 434 and Tuskawilla Road, Winter Springs, FL 32708
- Cost: Free
Which of these free events would be most likely to make it on your vacation to do list?