Best Of Free Florida Events: October 12-October 19
Florida News: Free Events To Do October 12-October 19
How about taking in a free event over the coming days that won’t cost you a thing? There are lots of things to do in Florida that can fit within any budget, like the following three events!
1. Blast on the Bay Songwriter’s Circle
Ever think about the talent behind the songs big recording artists turn into hits? Enjoy performances by over 20 musicians and songwriters behind hundreds of hits for artists such as John Waite, Faith Hill and Brad Paisley. Visit the Blast on the Bay Songwriter’s Circle and see so much talent including performances by Steve Leslie, Walt Aldridge, Lisa Shaffer, and Charlie and Dana Hunt Black.
- Highlight: Songwriters singing songs
- When: October 19-21, 2012
- Where: Various locations in Port Saint Joe, Mexico Beach and Indian Pass
- Cost: Free
2. 23rd Annual J.N. “Ding” Darling Days
October 14-20 marks “Ding” Darling Days at the J.N. “Ding” Darling Wildlife Refuge in beautiful Sanibel. It’s in celebration of National Wildlife Refuge Week. Bring the family out on October for Family Day. Get there early because gift bags will be distributed to the first 500 kids to arrive. Play games, get up close and personal with animals, see the butterfly house, the touch tank and so much more eco-friendly fun!
- Highlight: Nature
- When: October 14-October 20, 2012
- Where: J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, Sanibel Island, Florida
- Cost: Most activities are free
3. Scarecrows in the Gardens
So many scarecrows to see! Visit the Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park this month and see some absolutely amazing one-of-a-kind scarecrows. They’ve been made by families, community groups, ,clubs, businesses and individuals. Walk around the park and see all the creations!
- Highlight: Scarecrows!
- When: October 8-October 31, 2012
- Where: Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, 3540 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32309
- Cost: Free with park admission
Which of these free Florida events will you be most likely to do?