Best Of Food Events and Festivals in Florida: October 5-October 12
Florida News: Food Events and Festivals to do October 5-October 12
Got food on the brain? Check out one of these fabulous food events or festivals going on in Florida.
1. Folkfest St. Pete 2012
This special event takes place in support of Creative Clay, a studio and gallery that allows adults with disabilities to express themselves through the arts. Come out and see some great art, listen to some great music and eat some great food!
- Highlight: Supporting a good cause
- When: October 7, 2012 11am-6pm
- Where: Albert Whitte Park (behind the Dali)
- Cost: Suggested donation of $5
2. Destin Seafood Festival
Visit the annual event that everyone looks forward to – the Destin Seafood Festival celebrates the Gulf Coast lifestyle and the fishing culture that make Destin such a wonderful destination to visit. While this three-day festival focuses on food, there will also be entertainment to enjoy!
- Highlight: Seafood and tunes
- When: October 7, 2012 11am-5pm
- Where: HarborWalk Village, Destin, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Fort Myers Italian Fest
Can you smell the Italian fare being served up in Fort Myers? If you’re into the tastes of Italian food, head to the Fort Myers Italian Fest and take in some delicious culture.
- Highlight: Spaghetti eating contest and Italian dancing
- When: Sunday, October 7 from 11am to 5pm
- Where: Alliance for the Arts, 10091 McGregor Boulevard, Fort Myers, Florida (corner of McGregor and Colonial)
- Cost: Suggested $5 donation at the gate
4. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Disney World
Visit the International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and sample wines, spirits and a wide range of ethnic dishes.
- Highlight: The best food and drink from around the world
- When: September 28 to November 12, 2012
- Where: Epcot, Walt Disney World, Orlando
- Cost: Disney World admission plus extra cost for seminar tickets.
5. 39th Annual Oktoberfest, Palm Beaches
Celebrate German style with a Beerstein holding contest, beer keg tapping and lots more at the American German Club of The Palm Beaches for their 39th Oktoberfest. Listen to music from bands straight from Munich while sipping Hofbräu Oktoberfest and Hofbräu Weizen.
- Highlight: Win a trip to Germany
- When: October 12-14 Friday 5-11 p.m., Saturday noon – 11 p.m., Sunday noon – 8 p.m.
- Where: 5111 Lantana Road, Lake Worth, Florida
- Cost: $8/person; free/children under 12
Which of these food events and festivals in Florida will make it on your to do list?