Best Of Food Events and Festivals in Florida: October 19-October 26
Florida News: Food Events to Do October 19-October 26
If you love to eat (and who doesn’t?!) you may want to check out one of these food-focused festivals and events happening around Florida.
1. Cedar Key Seafood Festival
It’s the 43rd annual Cedar Key Seafood Festival this weekend! This major event happens about an hourlong drive west of Gainesville and features more than 200 arts and crafts exhibits and great local seafood. A parade will take place Saturday morning at 11 and on both days, you’ll enjoy live music from 11:30am until 3:30pm. Check out the open house at the Seahorse Key lighthouse while you’re in the area!
- Highlight: Local seafood
- When: October 20&21, 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday,
- Where: Beachside City Park, Cedar Key, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Disney World
The International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot in Disney World is going on until November 12. If you’re a lover of food, you must visit while you’re in Central Florida! Sample an overwhelming variety of ethnic dishes, taste many different beers, wines and spirits…all at the happiest place on Earth!
- Highlight: Food and drink from around the world
- When: September 28 to November 12, 2012
- Where: Epcot, Walt Disney World, Orlando
- Cost: Disney World admission plus extra cost for seminar tickets
3. Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival
The Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival is happening this weekend in Niceville, Florida. There will be fun for the whole family taking place to celebrate the mullet. Take in some great entertainment, ride the rides, explore the exhibits, play games and eat lots of delicious food. There will be 4 tons of mullet caught and cleaned to be eaten during the festival!
- Highlight: Filling your gullet with mullet
- When: October 20-21, 2012
- Where: The intersection of Hwy 85 N and College Blvd., 1/2 mile north of Niceville
- Cost: Sat: $10/before 5pm, $15/5pm-close, Sun: $10 | Free/Kids under 11
Which of these food festivals and events would go on your Florida vacation to do list?