Best Of Florida Labor Day Weekend Events For Kids
Florida News: Kid-Friendly Events To Do on Labor Day Weekend
If you’re spending your Labor Day Weekend in Florida with kids, you’ll be happy to know that not all events taking place on the holiday are of a more adult nature! Here are some great events that your kids will be happy to take part in!
1. Reef Madness
Your kids will love exploring The Museum of Discovery and Science anytime, but this is a particularly special weekend with events and activities related to the Friday debut of the IMAX movie, “The Last Reef 3D: Cities Beneath the Sea.”
- Highlight: 3D movie
- When: Kid-friendly activities from noon-4pm daily
- Where: 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Cost: $13/adult, $11/kids 2-11 | Movie tickets: $9/adult, $7/kids (combo ticket: $18 & $14)
2. Young at Art Labor Day Art Camp
Visit the gorgeous new Young at Art Museum and let the kids explore! If your kids are between the ages of 4-13, drop them off at the Labor Day Art Camp and they’ll be helping to design blueprints for a Labor Day Parade float!
- Highlight: Kids occupied for the day
- When: September 3, 2012 | 9am-5pm
- Where: 751 SW 121st Avenue, Davie, Florida
- Cost: $50
3. IKEA Kids Academy
Visit the Tampa IKEA where Labor Day is being celebrated with freebies for kids under the age of 12. The IKEA Tampa Kids Academy will involve your kids in a fun activity and they’ll even get a t-shirt and a free kid’s meal at the in-store restaurant!
- Highlight: Kids activities
- When: September 3, 2012 | 11am, 12pm, 6pm, 7pm
- Where: IKEA Tampa Exit Lobby, 1103 N. 22nd Street, Tampa, Florida 33605
- Cost: Free stuff for kids!
Which of these kids activities would your little ones most enjoy?