Best Of Florida Events: October 26-November 2
Florida News: Best of Events To Do October 26-November 2
Throughout the week, we’ve broken it down for you as to what events are happening in different parts of Florida between October 26 and November 2. Now, we’re going to share with you our overall picks of which ones sound most interesting, across the board!
1. Kiwanis Haunted House
It’s time for the Cursed Carnival at Zoomers Amusement Park. Take in this spooky Halloween event organized by the San Carlos Park-Estero Kiwanis Club and do something fun that will actually help those in need! Bring along a food donation to toss in the coffin for the hungry then visit the Haunted House and ride the rides.
- Highlight: Feeding the hungry
- When: Every Friday & Saturday in October | Dusk until midnight
- Where: Zoomers Amusement Park, 17455 Summerlin Road, south Fort Myers, Florida
- Cost: $10
2. Halloween Carnival
Find something fetching to wear (give it some thought because there will be prizes for best costumes!) and head to Eden Bar on Saturday evening for a grown up Halloween Carnival. Enjoy Halloween shots and cocktails and traditional Halloween carnival foods such as hot dogs and candy apples. Stick around until midnight, for a showing of 2012 American anthology horror film, V/H/S. It does cost $10 to view the film but cover for the evening is free!
- Highlight: Grown-up Halloween fun & games
- When: October 27, 2012 | 8pm-2am
- Where: 1300 S. Orlando Ave., Maitland Florida 32751
- Cost: Free cover
3. 2012 Spooktacular
Nine nights of fun with candy, pumpkins, scarecrows and lots and lots of excitement! This is a wonderful Halloween event for families to enjoy together – the 25th Annual Spooktacular at Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Go trick-or-treating, meet wizards, pirates, fairies and other fun creatures. If you’re feeling brave, visit one of the three scare zones!
- Highlight: Trick-or-treating at the zoo
- When: October 31, 2012 | 6:30pm-10pm
- Where: Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, 370 Jacksonville Zoo Train, Jacksonville
- Cost: $10
4. Lynyrd Skynyrd Concert
The ultimate in Southern-style guitar rock will be heard Friday at the UCF Arena when the iconic American rock band, Lynyrd Skynrd takes the stage. Lynyrd Skynyrd has produced over 60 albums and are behind the beloved classic, “Sweet Home Alabama.”
- Highlight: Southern rockers
- When: October 26, 2012 | 7:30pm
- Where: UCF Arena, Building 50, North Gemini Blvd., Orlando, Florida 32816
- Cost: Starting at $25
5. Ghouls in the Garden Family Fun Fest
Ybor City Museum State Park will be crawling with ghouls on October 27. Bob for apples, decorate a pumpkin, bob for apples from a “poison” apple tree, “bat the rat” through the hay maze, listen to stories around the witch’s cauldron and have your photo taken in a pine box. If you’ve ever wondered what a traditional wake would be like, visit “La Casita” where the ghosts will hopefully be well-behaved. Casita and the museum garden will be free during children’s activities. See how the immigrants who settled Ybor City may have lived.
- Highlight: Bobbing for poison apples
- When: October 27, 2012 | 10am-3pm
- Where: 1818 Ninth Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33605
- Cost: $5/over 6, Free/5 and under
Which of these events will make it on your Florida vacation to do list?