Best Of Florida Events: November 30-December 7
Florida News: Best Of Events To Do November 30-December 7
If you plan on spending time in Florida between November 30 and December 7, and you’d prefer to do activities off the beaten path, check out one of the following upcoming events.
1. Key West “Bight” Before Christmas
Produced by the Key West Bight Preservation Association, the Key West “Bight” Before Christmas has been created as a gift for the community of Islamorada. Enjoy live holiday music, let the kids play games, snack on free cookies and sip on eggnog. There will even be photo ops with Santa Claus, holiday lights, a parade and so much holiday cheer!
- Highlight: Free festive fun
- When: November 21-December 31, 2012
- Where: 295 Margaret Street, Key West, Florida
- Cost: Free (except for the Inn Tour on December 7&14)
2. Candlelight Tour of Homes
Stroll through historic homes in the charming Sanford Heights neighborhood while the sounds of holiday music fill the air and the streets are lined with soft candlelight. Sample food from local restaurants. The Candlelight Tour takes place on Friday, November 30 while a day tour takes place Saturday from 11am to 4pm.
- Highlight: Touring beautiful homes
- When: November 30, 2012 | 6pm-9:30pm
- Where: 16th Street and Elm Avenue, Sanford, Florida
- Cost: $25 in advance, $30 day of
3. Synchronized Nightly Tree Light Shows
Come out to the The Jacksonville Landing and see the 56-foot-tree that comes alive each and every evening from now until January 1 with a spectacular 10-minute synchronized light show featuring over 78,000 twinkling lights. Every hour on the hour these light shows happen Sunday through Thursday 6pm-9pm and then on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 pm right until midnight.
- Highlight: Twinkling lights
- When: November 23-January 1, 2013 | 6pm
- Where: 2 W. Independent Drive, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: Free
Which of these events would you most like to do on your vacation in Florida?