Best Of Florida Events: November 2-November 9
Florida News: Best Events To Do November 2-November 9
Looking for some happening events to participate in over the weekend? Look no further! Check out some of the best events going on in Florida…right here!
1. Fall Country Jamboree
Folk culture and the history of Florida come to life at the Fall Country Jamboree in Barberville. Visit the Pioneer Settlement for the Creative Arts, and relive pioneer times through demonstrations of early industry. See the newly restored Old Barberville Central High School, watch continuous performances by 150 Florida musicians on 6 stages, browse historical exhibits, listen to storytelling and let the kids participate in hands-on activities. Eat BBQ, corn and bean soup.
- Highlight: Corn boil
- When: November 3, 9am-5pm | November 4, 9am-4pm
- Where: 1776 Lightfoot Lane, Barberville, Florida 32105
- Cost: $6/adults, $4/age 6-12, free/under 5
2. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Disney World
The International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot in Disney World is going on until November 12 where you can sample an overwhelming variety of ethnic dishes, beers, wines and spirits.
- Highlight: Food and drink from around the world
- When: September 28 to November 12, 2012
- Where: Epcot, Walt Disney World, Orlando
- Cost: Disney World admission plus extra cost for seminar tickets
3. Jensen Beach Pineapple Festival
An honest to goodness street party will happen at Jensen Beach this weekend during the annual Jensen Beach Pineapple Festival. Check out 35 different bands playing across four different stages! Be a kid again on the midway rides, shop the Bahamian Market, watch a magic show and enjoy the weekend. Two big highlights of this year’s festival are the concerts by Eddie Money and Vanilla Ice!
- Highlight: Vanilla Ice & Eddie Money
- When: November 2-4, 2012
- Where: Shuttle service from 2525 NE Savannah Road, Jensen Beach, Florida
- Cost: $15
4. Beef and Boogie Festival
Enjoy burger and brisket cook-offs, see monster trucks, watch live country music, take the kids to the children’s activities and go through the educational displays. It’s the second annual Beef and Boogie festival and American Idol finalist Josh Gracin will be there!
- Highlight: Burgers and a beauty pageant
- When: November 2-3, 2012
- Where: Sumter County Farmers Market, Webster, Florida 33597
- Cost: $6
5. Jacksonville Film Festival
It’s time for the tenth annual JaxFilmFest. From November 1-4, come out for a screening or two – there will be roughly 15 movies screened – or get a pass for the weekend and take in all the movies and events that you want to! Take in the special tribute to women in filmmaking, the Indo Film Series, workshops, receptions and more!
- Highlight: Watching great films
- When: November 1-4, 2012
- Where: Multiple locations in San Marco and Downtown Jacksonville
- Cost: Varies
Which of these great events will most likely make it on your Florida vacation to do list?