Best Of Family Friendly Labor Day Events in Florida
Florida News: Family Events To Do on Labor Day Weekend
Looking for some family-friendly activities to explore over the Labor Day weekend as you travel through Florida? Here are some great upcoming events to consider.
1. Nabor Day Weekend on Jungle Island
Jungle Island celebrates its neighbors with Nabor Day Weekend. If you’re a resident of Miami-Dade or Broward county, you enjoy $10 admission to the park on Saturday! Spend the day touring around Jungle Island. Judy the Elephant will be there!
- Highlight: $10 admission to Jungle Island
- When: September 1, 2012
- Where: 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami, Florida 33132
- Cost: $10 with proof of Miami-Dade or Broward county residency
2. Allstate 2012 Tom Joyner Family Reunion
Roughly one thousand families from across the United States will descend upon the luxurious Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee this weekend for the annual Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion®. The weekend will include many live musical performances, access to theme parks, seminars, activities and lots more.
- Highlight: Explosive Gospel music!
- When: August 30-September 3, 2012
- Where: The Gaylord Palms Resort, 6000 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, Florida 34746
- Cost: Price varies depending on activity
3. Labor Day Weekend Swamp Walks
Few are brave enough to tour the cypress stands and swamps behind the Big Cypress Gallery. Your guide brings you through the mysterious swamp and you start to gain a deep appreciation for the beauty and peace that one can find among a million or so acres of swamps throughout South Florida’s Everglades. You’ll receive a $25 gift certificate to use inside the Big Cypress Gallery after your walk is finished! Spots are limited, so reserve a space for you and your family members.
- Highlight: Walking through a swamp
- When: September 1-3, 2012 | 9am-4pm
- Where: 52388 E. Tamiami Trl., Big Cypress National Preserve, Florida 34141
- Cost: $50/adult, Free/kids
Which of these family-friendly Labor Day events would you most like to explore with your family?