Best of Family-friendly Halloween Florida Events: October 5-October 12
Florida News: Family Events To Do October 5-October 12
There are lots of Halloween events that focus on fun rather than spooky – check these out to take your children to:
Scarecrows in the Gardens
The contest is completed and now one of a kind scarecrows are on display throughout October in the Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park. This annual has produced some unique creations over the years, from a carpenter to headless carousel rider and twins to a bride scarecrow – they are anything but scary!
- Highlight: Happy scarecrows
- When: October 8 to 31, 2012
- Where: 3540 Thomasville Rd Tallahassee, Florida
- Cost: Free with paid park entry admission
Legoland Brick or Treat
From a spooky dance party, costume contest and an activity station where you can make your own Lego Halloween pumpkin model, the Legoland Brick or Treat has lots of options for family fun including trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail.
- Highlight: See the world’s largest LEGO Jack-O-Lantern
- When: Saturdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m throughout October
- Where: 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven, Florida
- Cost: Included with regular admission
Although this isn’t Halloween related, just being outside in the dark can be spooky for some kids. Musician, Joel Ross performs under the starry skies at Barnacle Historic State Park. Having recorded with artists like B.B. King, Etta James, and James Taylor, this time he singing and finger-picking solo. Bring a blanket and picnic, lie back and enjoy the concert.
- Highlight: Music under moonlight
- When: October 12, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Where: 3485 Main Highway, Coconut Grove, Florida
- Cost: $7/person 10 and older; $3/children 6-9; free/6 and under
What are you doing for Halloween this weekend?