Best of family-friendly Halloween Events in Florida: October 12-October 19
Florida News: Halloween Family Events To Do October 12-October 19
Learn about the spooky side of Camp Helen, bordered by the large coastal dune lake – Lake Powell. The varied history is shared during a ghost walk and history tour, followed by refreshments.
- Highlight: Find a ghost if you dare!
- When: October 13, 2012; 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Laguna Beach, Florida
- Cost: $5/person; $3/child
Walk through a haunted trail in Tampa’s Hillsborough River State Park, hop on a tram ride or visit Halloween displays. Children can try their fun at a coloring contest.
- Highlight: Walk through spooky woods
- When: October 19 & 20, 2012; 6 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: 5402 North US Highway 301 Thonotosassa, Florida
- Cost: $5/person
Jump on a hayride, wander to craft booths or watch the chainsaw sculptor at the Hunsader Pumpkin Festival. There’s the usual farm activities, from pony rides and a petting zoo to home made ice cream and farm roasted sweet corn.
- Highlight: Get lost in the corn maze!
- When: October 13-14, 20-21 & 27-28, 2012 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Where: 5500 CR 675, Bradenton, Florida 34211
- Cost: $8/adults, Free/under 12 (some activities cost extra)
Howl during a two-mile Carriage Ride Adventure at this 4th annual event at Fort Lauderdale’s Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. Giant bugs and other natural creatures are featured in the spooky and educations stations.
- Highlight: Carriage ride!
- When: October 19&20, 2012
- Where: 3109 E Sunrise Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Cost: $7/adults, $5/children
Are you doing anything special for Halloween with your family this weekend?