Best Of Family Friendly Florida Events: August 10-August 17
Florida News: Family friendly things to do August 10-August 17
If you’re looking for something fun to do with your family as you travel through Florida this weekend, check out one of these great, family-friendly events taking place over the coming days.
1. Sunset Cinema at Pier 60, Tangled
Grab yourself a blanket or a lawn chair and head on over to Clearwater Beach for a free movie under the star-filled night sky. The show will be Disney’s Tangled and it starts at dusk. Guess what? It’s completely free to attend!
- Highlight: An outdoor movie!
- When: August 10, 2012: 8:15 p.m.
- Where: 10 Pier 60 Drive, Clearwater Beach Florida, 33767
- Cost: Free
2. Anything that Floats Regatta Race
Take your whole family to see the Anything that Floats Regatta Race, taking place on August 17-18 in Key Largo. All of the vessels are homemade and they’ll most likely be fashioned from 5-gallon buckets, PVC or cardboard and lots of duct tape. Cheer on your favorite or why not build yourself a craft and enter the race yourself?
- Highlight: Watching homemade vessels float
- When: August 17-18
- Where: Blackwater Sound, mile marker 104
- Cost: Free
3. Key West Lobsterfest
It’s time to celebrate Florida’s lobster season! Bring your family to the Key West Lobsterfest this weekend where you’ll enjoy live music and a feast of fresh lobster. Sip on a cold beverage, check out The Duval Crawl, the street fair and the free concert. There’s a brunch taking place on Sunday.
- Highlight: Lobster
- When: August 10-August 12, 2012
- Where: Various locations
- Cost: Varies depending on event
Which of these events would you most like to explore on your travels through Florida?