Best Of Cultural Florida Events: September 21-September 28
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do September 21-September 28
While you vacation in Florida, consider taking some time to partake in one of these interesting upcoming events.
1. The Palm Beach County Comic Book & Collectibles Show
All of the major comic shops in the Palm Beach area will be represented during PalmCon, as will filmmakers, a handful of vendors and more than 25 artists. It’s happening today at the American Polish Club in Lake Worth and it’s the only comic convention of its kind in Palm Beach County. The guest of honor, Jose Delbo, has worked on The ThunderCats, Wonder Woman, The Twilight Zone and The Transformers. Check out the costume contest and watch short films in the Indie-Film Lounge!
- Highlight: Comics
- When: September 22, 2012 | 10am-6pm
- Where: 4725 Lake Worth Road, Greenacres (Palm Beach County), Florida 33463
- Cost: $4/adults, $2/students, Free/children under 12
2. Global Peace Film Festival
Watch film screenings, take in a special concert and attend some fantastic parties all to celebrate the power of the art of film at the Global Peace Film Festival in Orlando. The mandate of the festival is to promote the art of motion picture in helping humankind to achieve the goal of peace on Earth. Events throughout the festival will take place at Rollins College, the Orlando Science Center, Gallery at Avalon Island, the Orlando Science Center and Winter Park Public Library.
- Highlight: Peaceful films
- When: September 18-23, 2012
- Where: Various venues in Orlando, Florida
- Cost: Varies
3. Pensacola Seafood Festival
Sample delectable seafood, shop from among 175 booths, listen to live entertainment, watch cooking demos and more, during the Pensacola Seafood Festival, named one of the Top 20 Events in the Southeast. In prior years, attendees of the festival have feasted on coconut shrimp, fried oysters, grits a’ ya ya, blackened mahi mahi, Pensacola crab ball, fried grouper and green tomato gumbo.
- Highlight: Sampling delicious seafood
- When: September 28-30, 2012
- Where: Historic District in Seville Square and Bartram Park, Pensacola, Florida
- Cost: Varies
Which of these events would you most like to visit on your travels through Florida?