Best Of Cultural Florida Events: September 14-September 21
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do September 14-September 21
Explore something out of the ordinary on your travels through Florida this weekend with one of these great cultural events.
1. Fiesta del Coqui
Celebrate a tiny little Puerto Rican frog during Fiesta del Coqui at the Central Florida Zoo on Sunday. Participate in crafts and activities, listen to live music, sample Hispanic cuisine and just soak up some culture.
- Highlight: Free festivities!
- When: September 16, 2012 | 10am-5pm
- Where: Central Florida Zoo, 3755 NW Hwy 17-92, Sanford, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. 18th Annual Hollywood Beach Latin Festival
Visit this free festival and celebrate the Latin culture at the Annual Hollywood Beach Latin Festival in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Listen to traditional Latin music and sample Latin foods. There will be dancing, children’s activities and more action happening at this popular family-friendly festival.
- Highlight: Latin music being played on two stages
- When: September 16, 2012 | 11am-7pm
- Where: Michigan Street North to Garfield Street, Hollywood, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Spanish American War Event, Fernandina Beach
Head to Fort Clinch State park on the weekend to commemorate the part Fort Clinch played in the Spanish-American War. Uniformed interpreters will be on hand to answer any questions you have as you explore the period military equipment and exhibits from the armament.
- Highlight: Commemorating the Spanish-American War
- When: September 15, 2012 | 9am-5pm & September 16, 2012 | 9am-1pm
- Where: Fort Clinch State Park, 2601 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
- Cost: Park admission plus $2/person
Which of these cultural events would you most like to explore on your travels through Florida?