Best Of Cultural Florida Events: October 12-October 19
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do October 12-October 19
Looking for something to do in Florida over the next few days that will give you a little culture? Check out one of these great events!
1. Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival
Happening from October 19 through November 11, FLIFF has gone down in the Guiness Book of Records as being the longest film festival in the world. Take in one of the parties that will go on around Fort Lauderdale and see one of the 200 or so films from more than 35 countries that will be screened during the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival.
- Highlight: Screening of more than 200 films
- When: October 19-November 11, 2012
- Where: Cinema Paradiso, 503 Southeast 6th Street Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
- Cost: Varies
2. Clearwater Jazz Holiday
Bonnie Raitt, Maia Sharp, Carol Stein and Friends, The Tia Fuller Quartet, The Avett Brothers and Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds are among the great acts that will be performing during the Clearwater Jazz Holiday happening between October 18-21. Bring a blanket or some lawn chairs, sunglasses and some sunscreen and just sit back and listen to the music. Food vendors will be on site to satisfy your hunger!
- Highlight: 4 days of jazz
- When: October 18-21, 2012
- Where: 101 Drew St., Clearwater, Florida 33755
- Cost: Ticket prices vary but admission is free for children under 12
3. Historic Monticello Ghost Tours
Take a haunted 90-minute walking tour of “The South’s Most Haunted Small Town” in Monticello, Florida. The historic downtown has many haunted locations to explore and you’ll see them on this spooky outing. Call (850) 997-5552 to reserve a spot.
- Highlight: A spooky adventure
- When: October 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 & 31 | 7:30 and 9:30pm
- Where: 420 W. Washington Street, Monticello, Florida
- Cost: $15/over 13, $12/8-12 years, Free/under 7
Which of these cultural activities will go on your to do list while you vacation in Florida?