Best Of Cultural Florida Events: August 31-September 7
Florida News: Cultural Events To August 31-September 7
If you’re looking for something interesting to do this weekend, check out one of these great cultural events taking place in the coming days.
1. Englewood Pioneer Days
A cardboard boat race, Shipwreck Dance, fishing derby and the diaper derby. Put the kids in the Mad Hatter’s Fun Run on Monday. It takes place before the Pioneer Days parade – the highlight of the festival.
- Highlight: Pioneer Days parade
- When: August 28-September 3, 2012
- Where: Various locations in Englewood, Florida
- Cost: Most events are free
2. Autumn in the Eighties
Anyone interested in catching a screening of classic 1980s film, Back to the Future? Visit the Murray Hill Branch Library Tuesday for this fun free event.
- Highlight: Another chance to see Doc and Marty McFly!
- When: September 4, 2012 | 6:30pm
- Where: Murray Hill Branch Library, 918 Edgewood Ave S, Jacksonville, Florida 32205
- Cost: Free
3. Central Florida Film Festival
80 films from all over the world are being screened this Labor Day Weekend in Ocoee this weekend, during the Central Florida Film Festival. This evening there will be screenings of select student shorts including: Marilyn Monroe in New York, Incest! The Musical, Box Forts and Shoot The Moon. There will also be a screening of feature film entry, Junction, starring Michael O’Keefe and David Zayas.
- Highlight: War Flowers
- When: August 30-September 3, 2012
- Where: West Orange 5 Cinema, 1575 Maguire Road, Ocoee
- Cost: $10/single ticket, $25/daily pass
Which of these cultural events would you like to participate in on your travels through Florida?