Best Of Cultural Florida Events: August 24-August 31
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do: August 24-August 31
Looking for something inspired to do on your travels through Florida? Check out these great upcoming cultural events!
1. PLAY at the Orlando Science Center
Visit this dynamic exhibition which blends music, art, science and philosophy. PLAY is made up of giant interactive games inviting people of all ages to engage their senses. Try out all six games which require a mix of strategy, cooperation, physical coordination and luck; billiards, backgammon, bowling, dice, dominoes and foosball.
- Highlight: A chance to…play!
- When: Exhibit ends September 3, 2012
- Where: 777 E. Princeton St., Orlando, Florida 32803
- Cost: $17/adults, $16/students & seniors, $12/children 3-11
2. International Ballet Festival of Miami
Watch the performances of over 120 dancers from more than 25 ballet companies from not only North America but also Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean. The International Ballet Festival of Miami is known around the world. The festival takes place at several locations throughout Dade County so you may wish to visit the website for a complete schedule.
- Highlight: Celebrating the ballet
- When: August 24-September 16, 2012
- Where: Various locations throughout Miami
- Cost: Varies depending upon venue/event
3. Explorations V Children’s Museum 21st Birthday Party
It’s a “Let’s Go Green” birthday extravaganza and it’s happening Saturday at the Explorations V Children’s Museum. Take the family to the “Let’s Go Green” Birthday bash happening at the Explorations V Children’s Museum on Saturday. Besides birthday fun and games, you’ll also want to help celebrate the new “Go Green” exhibit which has been recently donated by the Young at Art Museum. Save $1 off your admission when you bring along an unopened box of crayons, markers, pens or pencils.
- Highlight: Fun for kids!
- When: August 25, 2012 | 10am-3pm
- Where: 109 N Kentucky Ave, Lakeland, Florida, 33801
- Cost: $7/person, $3.50/children under 3, Free/museum members & children under 2
Which of these cultural events would you most like to participate in with your family?