Best Of Cultural Events In Florida: October 5-October 12
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do October 5-October 12
If you’re looking for something interesting to do in Florida this weekend, consider taking in one of these great cultural events!
1. Miami Carnival
The Miami Broward Carnival Parade & Festival is one of the most popular events that takes place in Miami each year and it’s happening this weekend. Caribbean culture is celebrated during the festival, through the music, the food, arts and crafts. One of the highlights is the amazingly colorful mardi-gras-style parade.
- Highlight: Caribbean culture
- When: October 7, 2012 | 12pm-11pm
- Where: Sun Life Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens, FL 33056
- Cost: $20
2. Ringling International Arts Festival, Sarasota
Art exhibitions, dance performances, theatrical shows, live music and more are all about to take place at the Ringling International Arts Festival in Sarasota. This event generally kicks off the Florida Gulf Coast’s cultural season and it’s happening October 10-13. Artists from around the world will be participating.
- Highlight: Culture
- When: October 10-13, 2012
- Where: Florida State University’s Ringling Center for the Arts and The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Cost: Tickets start at $10
3. Free Concert in Amelia Park
Visit the Amelia Island Jazz Festival’s Free Concert in The Park taking place Sunday from 4-6pm. Food and beverages will be served by Sonny’s Bar-B-Q while live music will be provided by the “TGIF” Navy Brass Band. Bring a blanket or some lawn chairs and enjoy your afternoon!
- Highlight: Free jazz
- When: October 7, 2012 | 4 pm – 6 pm
- Where: Amelia Park Subdivision, between 14th and Citrona Drive, Fernandina Beach, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these cultural events are you most interested in adding to your to do in Florida list.