Best Of Cultural Events In Florida: October 26-November 2
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do October 26-November 2
There’s more to Florida than exploring theme parks! Check out these three cultural events to do between October 26 and November 2.
1. Romanian Food Festival
Head to Jacksonville on Saturday and Sunday and celebrate the Romanian culture! Chow down on a variety of homemade Romanian dishes and wash them down with Romanian wines and beers. Activities will entertain the children while you tap your toes to traditional live music.
- Highlight: Feasting Romanian-style
- When: October 27-28, 2012 | 12pm-8pm
- Where: St. Anne Romanian Orthodox Church, 1875 Live Oak Drive, Jacksonville, Florida 32246
- Cost: Free
2. Rural Folklife Days
Get an education in Floridian traditions of yesteryear with a visit to Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park during Rural Folklife Days. Take part in some of the hands-on activities, watch demonstrations and taste sugar cane and homemade jellies. Sing songs and churn butter, sing songs. Listen to stories, help a blacksmith, play games and learn how a split rail fence is made!
- Highlight: Old fashioned fun
- When: November 1-3, 2012
- Where: U.S. 41 North, White Springs, Florida 32096
- Cost: $5
3. Oktoberfest Cape Coral
Sausages, bratwurst, schweinhaxen and potato pancakes are among the German delicacies you’ll be able to sample at Oktoberfest in Cape Coral on the weekend. Look for the huge tent and outside Biergarten where German culture will be toasted again and again! Steer the kids towards the carnival area. Enjoy the non-stop music played by bands straight from Germany!
- Highlight: German food and drink
- When: October 26-28, 2012
- Where: 2101 SW Pine Island Rd., Cape Coral, Florida 33991
- Cost: $5/advance, $6/gate, Free/under 12
Which of these cultural events in Florida would you most like to do on your vacation?