Best Of Cultural Events In Florida: November 23-November 30
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do November 23-November 30
It’s not all about theme parks and wild rides in Florida, there are lots of cultural things to do in the Sunshine State, too.
1. Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion
Visit the Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park in Key West for the Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion from November 30-December 2. Experience the golden age of piracy by watching the living history demonstrations, live battles and pirate encampments. Learn what life was like for 19th century wreckers and 17th century buccaneers. There will be activities and live music for the children in this great, family-friendly event.
- Highlight: Learning about the golden age of piracy
- When: November 30-December 2, 2012
- Where: 601 Howard England Way, Key West, Florida 33040
- Cost: Free with park admission
2. Thanksgiving Bluegrass Festival
Head to Brooksville for the Thanksgiving Bluegrass Festival for music, turkey, crafts and fun! It will be a weekend full of fabulous tunes and fun activities for the family. Feast on a pot luck Thanksgiving dinner. Shop for crafts. Camp right there and you won’t have to leave the fun at all!
- Highlight: Pot luck Thanksgiving!
- When: November 22-25, 2012
- Where: 85 Myers Road, Brooksville, Florida
- Cost: $75/4-day pass, $35/Fri & Sat, $12/Sun, Free/under 12
3. Festival of Lights, White Springs
A month-long holiday celebration at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park kicks off on November 30. See the millions of twinkling lights any evening through the month until 9pm (except for Christmas Night). There’ll be holiday sights and sounds to enjoy all through the park during this award-winning event. The antebellum Museum will be decked out in festive splendor. Walk through the candy cane forest and the gingerbread village. The must-see highlight of the festival is the 200-foot tall Carillon Tower which plays music and lights up like a beacon in the night. The only thing missing is snow!
- Highlight: Holiday sights and sounds
- When: November 30-December 30
- Where:U.S. 41 North, White Springs, Florida 32096
- Cost: $2/person, Free/under 3
Which of these cultural events would you most like to do on your travels through Florida?