Best Of Cultural Events In Florida: November 2-November 9
Florida News: Cultural Events to do November 2-November 9
There are many cultural events taking place across the state of Florida this month. Here are three you might like to explore on your travels.
1. Ocoee Founders Day Festival
Head to Ocoee for the annual Founders Day Festival. Enjoy carnival rides, arts, crafts and live music featuring top country artists! There’ll be food vendors on hand, a classic car show to check out and a fireworks display to top it all off. Oh, and it’s free!
- Highlight: Free family fun
- When: November 2-3, 2012
- Where: 10945 W. Colonial Dr., Ocoee Florida 34761
- Cost: Free
2. Lady of the Lakes Renaissance Faire
Escape modern times with a visit to the Lady of the Lakes Renaissance Faire in Tavares.Watch over 100 performers from fire-eaters and jugglers to knights in armor and pirates, all helping travel time to the Renaissance period. Shop the fair’s village and see works of 60 artists in glassblowing, candle-making, blacksmithing, leather work and pottery. Play games, buy delicious food and have all kinds of old fashioned fun.
- Highlight: Escaping modern times
- When: November 2-4, 2012
- Where: 27341 State Road 19, Tavares, Florida
- Cost: $15/adults, $7/children
3. Fall Country Jamboree
Folk culture and the history of Florida come to life at the Fall Country Jamboree in Barberville. Visit the Pioneer Settlement for the Creative Arts, and relive pioneer times through demonstrations of early industry. See the newly restored Old Barberville Central High School, watch continuous performances by 150 Florida musicians on 6 stages, browse historical exhibits, listen to storytelling and let the kids participate in hands-on activities. Eat BBQ, corn and bean soup.
- Highlight: Corn boil
- When: November 3, 9am-5pm | November 4, 9am-4pm
- Where: 1776 Lightfoot Lane, Barberville, Florida 32105
- Cost: $6/adults, $4/age 6-12, free/under 5