Best Of Cultural Events in Florida: November 16-November 23
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do November 16-November 23
For something a little more enriching to do on your Florida vacation, why not consider taking in one of these great cultural events happening between the 16th and 23rd of November?
1. 11th Annual Miami Short Film Festival
See a variety of short films (all under 20 minutes in length) in Coconut Grove at the Miami Short Film Festival (MSFF). It takes place this year between November 24 and December 1 with the goal of showcase short films and to motivate screenwriters, directors, producers and actors to continue making and sharing their films.
- Highlight: Short films
- When: November 24-December 1, 2012
- Where: 247 SW 8th St., Suite #393, Miami, Florida
- Cost: Varies
2. Holidays Around the World
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Disney World! Holidays Around the World is a celebration of the holidays that happens November 23 through December 30 at Disney World’s Epcot theme park. A Disney tradition, Holidays Around the World features a daily character tree-lighting ceremony, storytellers, a spectacular display of snow-white lights and the unforgettable Candlelight Processional which features celebrity narrators telling the Christmas Story, punctuated by an orchestra and choir.
- Highlight: Beautiful holiday celebration in Disney
- When: November 23-December 30
- Where: 200 Epcot Center Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
- Cost: Epcot admission
3. Heritage and Cigar Festival
Did you know that Tampa was once referred to as the “Cigar Capital of the World?” Celebrate the rich cigar heritage that led to this name! See the many different vendor booths, enjoy live music, antique cars and classic architecture, explore “La Casita” and see how workers would have lived way back in 1895.
- Highlight: Cigar culture
- When: November 17, 2012 | 10am-5pm
- Where: 1818 Ninth Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33605
- Cost: $5/Advance, $10/Gate, Free/under 12
Which of these cultural events would you most like to explore on your Florida vacation?