Best Of Cultural Events In Florida: August 17-August 24
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do August 17-August 24
Take some time on your travels through Florida to participate in a cultural event or two! Here are three examples of cultural events happening in Florida this weekend.
1. Bon Festival, Delray Beach
Head to the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens for a celebration of Obon, a three-day holiday held in Japan to honor ancestors, thanking them for the lives that are being enjoyed by the living. Listen to taiko drum performances and enjoy the street fair. Shop at interesting vendor booths and watch the traditional Japanese folk dancing. Be sure to stick around to watch the fireworks!
- Highlight: Celebrating Obon
- When: August 18, 2012 | 4pm-9pm
- Where: 4000 Morikami Park Road, Delray Beach, Florida 33446
- Cost: Adults/$15, Children/$6
2. The Jacob Jeffries Band at the BBC
Be in the audience when the Jacob Jeffries Band plays the Bradfordville Blues Club (BBC) for the very first time. You’ll love listening to the music of a musician who has opened for the Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray and Anthony Hamilton and Dashboard Confessional. Though rock is the band’s signature sound, for this venue, they’ll be playing blues – original songs and covers.
- Highlight: Live music
- When: August 17, 2012 | 9:30pm
- Where: 7152 Moses Lane Tallahassee Florida, 32309
- Cost: $13 in advance
3. Artist Showcase in Downtown Disney
Planning on being in the Downtown Disney area this weekend? If so, try to stop by the Artist Showcase at The Art of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace where Disney Design Group Artist Costa Alavezos will debut some of his latest works which include Mickey Mouse Quad, Mickey & Donald Comic and Mickey 1928.
- Highlight: Seeing the art of Costa Alavezos
- When: August 17-18, 2012 | 6pm-8pm
- Where: 1780 N Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8401
- Cost: Free
Which of these cultural events in Florida are you most interested in participating in?