Best Of Christmas Events in Florida: November 30-December 7
Florida News: Christmas Events To Do November 30-December 7
If you want to take in a festive event or two over the coming days, there are tons to choose from across the state of Florida. Here are three Christmasy things you may like to do!
1. Sanibel & Captiva Luminary Festival
The charming islands of Sanibel & Captiva are getting all decked out for the holidays. Visit the islands on December 7 & 8 for the Luminary Festival when the streets glow with luminaries, decorated trees and other festive touches. Santa will visit on a fire truck making stops at local businesses, galleries and shops. Enjoy refreshments, music and more.
- Highlight: Santa!
- When: December 7 (Sanibel) and December 8 (Captiva)
- Where: Sanibel & Captiva, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Synchronized Nightly Tree Light Shows
Come out to the The Jacksonville Landing and see the 56-foot-tree that comes alive each and every evening from now until January 1 with a spectacular 10-minute synchronized light show featuring over 78,000 twinkling lights. Every hour on the hour these light shows happen Sunday through Thursday 6pm-9pm and then on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 pm right until midnight.
- Highlight: Twinkling lights
- When: November 23-January 1, 2013 | 6pm
- Where: 2 W. Independent Drive, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: Free
3. Snow in Celebration!
A white Christmas in Florida? Yes please! The Celebration Town Center stages a nightly snow fall from 6-9 p.m. up until New Year’s Eve. Have photos taken with Santa, go skating on the ice rink, listen to holiday carolers, take a ride on the Celebration Express train! Lots and lots of ways to celebrate the season in Celebration!
- Highlight: Snow!
- When: November 26-December 31, 2012 | 6pm-9pm
- Where: 610 Sycamore Street, Suite 230, Celebration, Florida 34747
- Cost: Free (Ice skating is $10)
Which of these Christmasy events would you most like to visit on your Florida vacation?