Best Of Christmas Events In Florida: November 23-November 30
Florida News: Christmas Events To Do November 23-November 30
Are you feeling the Christmas spirit? There are tons of Christmas events already happening in Florida. When you’ve finished with your Thanksgiving Day dinner, it’s time to start thinking about what holiday events you want to participate in! Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Historic Apalachicola Annual Christmas Celebration
Apalachicola will be full of Christmas cheer both from the sounds of carolers and the glow of the luminaries lining the streets as the town’s annual Christmas celebration gets underway. Christmas cheer is in the air and things get exciting at 4pm when Santa arrives on a shrimp boat to hear the Christmas wishes of the children. Tour the Orman House while it’s all decked out for the season. On Saturday there’ll be more fun with Santa including a pet parade at 3pm!
- Highlight: Holiday cheer in Apalachicola
- When: November 23-24, 2012 | 4pm-8pm
- Where: 122 Commerce St., Apalachicola, Florida, 32320
- Cost: Free
2. Festival of Lights, White Springs
A month-long holiday celebration at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park kicks off on November 30. See the millions of twinkling lights any evening through the month until 9pm (except for Christmas Night). There’ll be holiday sights and sounds to enjoy all through the park during this award-winning event. The antebellum Museum will be decked out in festive splendor. Walk through the candy cane forest and the gingerbread village. The must-see highlight of the festival is the 200-foot tall Carillon Tower which plays music and lights up like a beacon in the night. The only thing missing is snow!
- Highlight: Holiday sights and sounds
- When: November 30-December 30
- Where:U.S. 41 North, White Springs, Florida 32096
- Cost: $2/person, Free/under 3
3. Holidays Around the World
Holidays Around the World is taking place from November 23 through December 30 at Disney World’s Epcot theme park. A beloved Epcot tradition, Holidays Around the World features a daily character tree-lighting ceremony, storytellers, a spectacular display of snow-white lights and the unforgettable Candlelight Processional. The Candlelight Processional features celebrity narrators telling the Christmas Story, punctuated by an orchestra and choir.
- Highlight: Beautiful holiday celebration in Disney
- When: November 23-December 30
- Where: 200 Epcot Center Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
- Cost: Epcot admission
Which of these holiday events would you most like to do on your Florida vacation?