Best Of Central Florida Events: September 21-September 28
Florida News: Events To Do September 21-September 28
There are lots of interesting events happening in central Florida in the coming days. Here are three that you might wish to explore.
1. Global Peace Film Festival
Celebrate the power of the art of film at the Global Peace Film Festival in Orlando. The festival helps to promote the art of motion picture in helping us to achieve the goal of peace on Earth – beyond activism, ideology and anti-war. Attend parties, watch film screenings and see a special concert. Events take place at Rollins College, Gallery at Avalon Island, the Orlando Science Center and Winter Park Public Library.
- Highlight: Peaceful films
- When: September 18-23, 2012
- Where: Various venues in Orlando, Florida
- Cost: Varies
2. New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival
Listen to the music that will fill the air in the Flagler Avenue shopping district as bands play at several different locations in the area throughout the weekend. It’s the 12th Annual New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival.
- Highlight: Music in the open
- When: September 21-23, 2012
- Where: 19 different venues in New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Cost: All but two venues are free (Friday’s kick-off party and Sunday’s Orlando Jazz Orchestra)
3. Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights
Plan to visit one of the largest, most elaborate and most terrifying Halloween celebrations in the world – Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. Are you brave enough to enjoy live, mega-horror movies? The theme this year is “Ripped from the Silver Screen” and that will include Universal’s first-hand takes on films such as “The Wolfman” and “SAW VI” which have not yet been released.
- Highlight: Being scared stiff
- When: September 21-October 31, 2012
- Where: 6000 Universal Boulevard Orlando, Florida 32819
- Cost: $88.99+ tax
Which of these events would you be most likely to visit on your travels through central Florida?