Best Of Central Florida Events: October 5-October 12
Florida News: Events To Do October 5-October 12
There’s never a shortage of things to do in Central Florida but if you’re looking for something a little out of the ordinary, check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Ringling International Arts Festival, Sarasota
The Florida Gulf Coast’s cultural season usually kicks off with the Ringling International Arts Festival in Sarasota. See dance, theater and musical performances as well as some major art exhibitions. Participating artists come from all over the world and most performances will take place multiple times throughout the festival. For details visit the website.
- Highlight: Culture
- When: October 10-13, 2012
- Where: Florida State University’s Ringling Center for the Arts and The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Cost: Tickets start at $10
2. Music Fest, Winter Garden
Take in performances in one of 30 different music genres in an indoor or outdoor venue. Could be anything from choral, country, jazz and blue, acoustic, Americana, classic rock, musical theater, classical, funk, southern rock, pop, opera, and the list goes on! Shop for jewelry, candles or any other number of things at the vendor booths. Feast on BBQ, Greek, Caribbean, Jamaican, Italian, Asian and American specialties. Join a workshop or free music seminar. Kids activities are also taking place. Oh and it’s all free!
- Highlight: Free music
- When: October 5: 6pm-11pm, October 6: 12-11pm, October 7: 12-5pm
- Where: Music Festival in Historic Winter Garden
- Cost: Free
3. Howl-O-Scream 2012
Visit Howl-O-Scream…if you dare! The theme for the annual Halloween event at Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay is “Dark Side of the Gardens” and it’s happening on weekends until October 27. Walk through seven haunted houses, step into the gruesome scare zones, see a live show and dance the night away at Club XIII.
- Highlight: 7 haunted houses
- When: Now through October 27, Thursdays: 7:30pm-1am | Fridays: 7:30pm-2am
- Where: Busch Gardens, 3000 E. Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612
- Cost: $77.99
Which of these Central Florida events will you add to your to do list?