Best Of Central Florida Events: October 12-October 19
Florida News: Events To Do October 12-October 19
There’s more to do in central Florida than visit theme parks! Do something out of the ordinary on your travels through this part of the state and check out one of these upcoming events.
1. Clearwater Jazz Holiday
Maia Sharp will be performing. Bonnie Raitt will be, too. So will Carol Stein and Friends, Kurt Elling, the TIa Fuller Quartet, The Avett Brothers, Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds and many more great acts! It’s the Clearwater Jazz Holiday and it’s happening between October 18-21. While you listen to the great music, buy something to eat from one of the food vendors that will be onsite. Bring along a blanket or some lawn chairs, sunscreen and sunglasses. If you’re bringing children with you, consider putting I.D. tags on them. Just in case!
- Highlight: 4 days of jazz
- When: October 18-21, 2012
- Where: 101 Drew St., Clearwater, Florida 33755
- Cost: Ticket prices vary but admission is free for children under 12
2. Ringling International Arts Festival, Sarasota
The Ringling International Arts Festival generally kicks off the Florida Gulf Coast’s cultural season. Artists from around the world participate in the festival. Take in musical, dance and theatrical performances. Visit the website for details.
- Highlight: Culture
- When: October 10-13, 2012
- Where: Florida State University’s Ringling Center for the Arts and The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Cost: Tickets start at $10
3. Hunsader Farms Pumpkin Festival
So much fun happening at Hunsader Farms this month. Take the whole family to the farm during the Pumpkin Festival and while you explore over a hundred craft booths, there will be live shows and music to entertain you. Take the family on a hayride or treat your kids to the pony rides. Pick up a pumpkin or two to take home with you. Watch the chainsaw sculptor, walk through the corn maze. Taste the homemade ice cream and the farm roasted sweet corn. A petting zoo, barnyard playground, frog jump championship and so much more!
- Highlight: Halloween fun
- When: October 13-14, 20-21 & 27-28, 2012 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Where: 5500 CR 675, Bradenton, Florida 34211
- Cost: $8/adults, Free/under 12 (some activities cost extra)
Which of these central Florida events will make it onto your vacation to do list?