Best Of Central Florida Events: December 7-December 14
Florida News: Events To Do December 7-December 14
Looking for something fun to do in Central Florida over the coming days? Check out one of these fabulous events happening between December 7 and December 14!
1. Wild Wonderland at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo
Santa and his furry (and feathery) friends are enjoying Wild Wonderland at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo on select evenings from December 8 through December 30. More than a twinkling lights will make the zoo glow and you can meet Santa and his real reindeer and their friends the penguins! See the walk-around Frosty & friends characters, snack on holiday treats and make many memories.
- Highlight: Real reindeer!
- When: December 8, 13-23, 26-30 | 6:30pm-10pm
- Where: 1101 West Sligh Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33604-5958
- Cost: $13/adults, $11/children 3-11
2. Grinchmas at Universal Studios Orlando
Based on the beloved Dr. Seuss storybook and the Universal Pictures’ and Imagine Entertainment’s award-winning film, “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” this festive annual event is as much fun as it sounds. For most of the month of December, Seuss Landing at Universal Studios’ Islands of Adventure is transformed by the Grinch and the Whos. See all of the colorful decorations and stop by the Grinch’s lair to meet him. As you’d expect, his home contains authentic movie props and gadgets.Watch a live, musical stage show, a new way to hear the classic Grinchy story!
- Highlight: The Grinch!
- When: December 4, 2012-January 1, 2013
- Where: 6000 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32819
- Cost: Included in park admission: $75/adults, $63/children 3-9, Free/under 2
3. Candlelight Tours of Fort Foster
The Florida Frontier is brought to life at Historic Fort Foster December 7 & 8. Follow a lantern-lit experience where you’ll see living historical reenactments as soldiers sing carols in the barracks and officers entertain ladies at a fine dinner in the Officers’ Mess. See friendly Natives exchanging furs, hides, feathers and other goods. Sip on spiced cider and snack on holiday cookies while mingling with park interpreters.
- Highlight: Historical holiday event
- When: December 7 & 8, 2012 | 6pm-9pm
- Where: 15402 U.S. 301 North, Thonotosassa, Florida 33592
- Cost: $5 (under 12, free)
Which of these events in Central Florida would you most like to do?