Best Of Central Florida Events: August 31-September 7
Florida News: Events To Do August 31-September 7
If you’re planning on spending Labor Day weekend in Central Florida, here are some events taking place in the upcoming days that you might be interested in exploring!
1. NKF Rick Salik Pro/Am Surf Festival
If you’re a surfing fan, you won’t want to miss the 27th Annual Rick Salik Pro/Am Surf Festival. This is an especially poignant year for the festival as its founder and namesake passed away earlier this summer. Honor Salik’s memory by making a healthy donation when you attend this event which features professional and amateur surfing events and great family entertainment. Enjoy live music, watch the amazing surfing or if those things aren’t your style, head to the Hilton in Cocoa Beach on Sunday for the Taste of Brevard and Silent Auction.
- Highlight: Benefiting the National Kidney Foundation
- When: August 31-September 3
- Where: 401 Meade Ave., Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931
- Cost: Donation
2. Orlando Magical Dining Month
There’s more to Orlando than shopping and amusement parks! There’s also food! Throughout the month of September take advantage of Magical Dining Month and enjoy a three-course prix fixe dinner at one of the fine dining restaurants in the area, for only $30! $1 dollar from each meal is donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida.
- Highlight: $30 meals at fine-dining restaurants
- When: September 1-30, 2012
- Where: Various locations
- Cost: $30
3. Barberville Pioneer Settlement Open House
Visit the Pioneer Settlement for entertainment and fun for the entire family during the annual End of Summer Open House. Enjoy the usual offerings of the usual 1st Saturday event (including the free workshops and musical jams), there will also be a chili cook off, a yard sale and a mosaic butterfly workshop.
- Highlight: Old-fashioned family fun
- When: September 1, 2012 | 9am-5pm
- Where: 1776 Lightfoot Lane, Box 6 Barberville, Florida 32105
- Cost: Free
Which of these events in Central Florida would you be most interested in participating in?