Best Of Central Florida Events: August 24-August 31
Florida News: Events To Do In Central Florida August 24-August 31
If you’re traveling through Central Florida looking for something different to do, check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Shroomfest Festival
The pizza franchise everyone loves is hosting an event on Saturday evening to thank its customers for its loyalty. Orlando’s Mellow Mushroom will be able to accommodate up to 750 hungry pizza lovers, starting at 5pm. $3 slices will be sold from the Bake Bus, there’ll be music, too! And the admission price is only $5 – if you buy your tickets in advance.
- Highlight: Mellow Mushroom Bake Bus
- When: August 25, 2012 | 5pm
- Where: 11680 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida
- Cost: $5/advance, $7/door – Cash only!
2. Explorations V Children’s Museum 21st Birthday Party
Take the family to the “Let’s Go Green” Birthday bash happening at the Explorations V Children’s Museum on Saturday. There’ll be lots of fun taking place for the museum’s 21st birthday, but children will also learn all about the 3Rs with the debut of the “Go Green” exhibit which has been donated by the Young at Art Museum in Davie, Florida. Bring an unopened box of crayons, markers, pens or pencils with you and save $1 off your admission.
- Highlight: Fun for kids!
- When: August 25, 2012 | 10am-3pm
- Where: 109 N Kentucky Ave, Lakeland, Florida, 33801
- Cost: $7/person, $3.50/children under 3, Free/museum members & children under 2
3. Movies on the Lawn in Bartow
Come out for a free family-friendly movie at the corner of Wilson Avenue on Main Street in Bartow. There will be munchies for sale but bring along a blanket, lawn chair and some insect repellent.
- Highlight: A free movie in the outdoors!
- When: August 24, 2012 at dark
- Where: Corner of Wilson Avenue on Main Street, Bartow, Florida, 33830
- Cost: Free
Which of these Central Florida events would you be most interested in attending with your family?