Best Of Central Florida Events: August 17-August 24
Florida News: Events To Do August 17-August 24
If you’re traveling through Central Florida this weekend looking for something fun to do, check out one of these events taking place over the coming days.
1. 18th Annual Harvest Grape Stomp, Lake Wales
It’s time again for the annual Grape Stomp at Lakeridge Winery! Take in the stomping of the grapes, listen to live music, sample wine and nibble on some snacks.
- Highlight: Stomping grapes!
- When: August 18-19, 2012
- Where: Lakeridge Winery, 19239 U.S. 27 North, Clermont, Florida 34715
- Cost: $2
2. Artist Showcase in Downtown Disney
If you’re going to be in the Downtown Disney area on the weekend, try and make a point of stopping by the Artist Showcase taking place at The Art of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace. Disney Design Group Artist Costa Alavezos will be debuting some of his latest works including Mickey Mouse Quad, Mickey & Donald Comic and Mickey 1928.
- Highlight: Seeing the art of Costa Alavezos
- When: August 17-18, 2012 | 6pm-8pm
- Where: 1780 N Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8401
- Cost: Free
3. Back-to-School: Fashion for Everyone
Wondering what to buy for back to school so that your kids will be in style? Or maybe you’re wondering about what to wear yourself! Fashion expert J of J’s Everyday Fashion is putting on a free, 60-minute seminar to answer the question of “what do I wear?” Get all kinds of strategies and tips from how to clean out your closet to creating stylish outfits.
- Highlight: Boosting your fashion savvy
- When: August 18, 2012 | 12pm
- Where: Orange County Library, 101 E Central Blvd, Orlando, FL 32801
- Cost: Free
Which of these Central Florida events are you most interested in participating in?