Money Saving Monday: 5 ways to save money in Disney World
Florida Vacation Guide: Money Saving Monday
Every Monday we’ll be sharing some of our best money saving tips for your Florida vacation and we’re starting today with Disney World.
Disney World is not considered a cheap place to visit by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find ways to save some money here and there!
Here are five of the best ways to save money at Disney World:
1. Buy tickets the minute you know you’re going. Disney raises ticket prices from time to time but if you buy them now, your tickets will be honored whether prices go up before you make it there or not.
2. Take advantage of the Disney Dining Plan. This will give you a quick service meal, a snack and a table service meal per person, per night of your stay. The Dining Plan also provides each person in your party with a refillable drink mug. This allows you to get free refills at quick-service locations at your resort hotel. Watch for promotions where Disney includes a Dining Plan for free when you purchase a ticket package. They do give it away from time to time!
3. If you choose not to purchase a Disney Dining Plan package, we recommend you purchase a refillable drink mug on the first day of your stay anyway. It allows you to get unlimited free refills at your resort. Considering a drink can cost $3 or more, hydration can add up! The mug makes for a lovely take home souvenir, too.
4. Portions are huge at Disney restaurants so two family members can easily split an entree. Given that Orlando is so darn hot, you probably won’t feel much like eating huge meals anyway. Save even more money on meals by looking for restaurants where kids can eat free. And keep in mind that if you’re traveling with a child under 3, they can eat off of an adult’s plate for free in most restaurants.
5. Buy your necessities outside of Disney World’s theme parks. You can buy just about anything within the confines of Disney but it will cost you. Purchase your sunscreen, diapers, bandaids and batteries outside of the park if you can.
Do you have any Disney World money saving tips to share?