Disney announces new Fantasyland opening dates
Disney Vacation Guide to Fantasyland opening dates
In a Disney World announcement yesterday, we learned that this coming July and “Holidays 2012″ are the next milestone dates we should be focusing on during the multi-year expansion of Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom.
This expansion will nearly double the size of Fantasyland making it the single largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom.
The first openings in the New Fantasyland took place last month with the new train station, The Great Goofini and Flying Dumbo. We now have more information about the next phases:
July 2012 Fantasyland openings
- The second Dumbo the Flying Elephant will open, next to the one currently in operation.
- With Dumbo now being a double attraction, there will be a new indoor interactive area opening up with the launch of this second ride.
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station will open.
“Holidays 2012″ Fantasyland openings
- Enchanted Tales with Belle. In this attraction, Belle, Lumiere (and guests) participate in a lively re-telling of the classic “tale as old as time.”
- Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid. Here, guests are taken through beautifully rendered scenes featuring classic songs from the popular animated feature.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant featuring a lavish dining experience in the elegant ballroom, gallery, and mysterious “West Wing” of the Beast’s castle.
- Gaston’s Tavern where you can eat and drink in a heavily themed restaurant that looks exactly like the pub from the animated feature.
- Ariel’s Grotto where you’ll
We’ve heard that 2014 will mark the opening of the extensive Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction.
Which new Fantasyland attraction are you most looking forward to?