Celebrities love the new Disney Fantasy
Disney Vacation Guide: Christening of the Disney Fantasy
On March 1 there was quite a celebration going on in New York City aboard the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet – The Disney Fantasy.
Songstress Mariah Carey was given the honor of christening the grand ship and while she took to center stage with Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Thomas O. Staggs and Walt Disney Company President and CEO, Robert A. Iger, her husband Nick Cannon joined Minnie to carry out the tradition of breaking a bottle of champagne against the ship’s hull.
“I christen thee Disney Fantasy may God bless this ship and all who sail on her,” was the blessing delivered by Ms. Carey.
What celebrities say about the Disney Fantasy
A bevy of celebrities were on hand for the celebration including Neil Patrick Harris who was very impressed with the Disney Fantasy. When he was on stage he said, “How amazing is this theater? Dudes we’re on a ship.”
Jerry Seinfeld entertained the audience and Mayor Michael Bloomberg expressed his pleasure in Disney choosing to have the ship christened there in New York City.
Other Celebrities were spotted at the event including Ty Pennington, Nancy Grace, Heather Headley, Alan Cumming, Erin Andrews and Tim Gunn.
Disney Fantasy Ship Highlights:
- Room for 4,000 passengers to travel in luxury
- First sailing will be on March 31, 2012
- In a fun show called Animation Magic, guests will draw a character on a special placemat which will later be brought to life by Mickey on screen in the dining room
- The Muppets will offer interactive adventure on board
- Several water features include a 765-foot long water coaster, the AquaLab play area (1800 square feet of falling water, squirting walls and more) and a more adult Satellite Falls, a circular splash pool with a gently falling rain curtain
- The ship’s theater will feature two new Broadway-style stage shows, “Wishes” and “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular”
- Several clubs include: Europa, La Piazza, Skyline, O’Gillis Pub and Ooh la la
- Disney Fantasy will sail from Port Canaveral on seven-night Caribbean itineraries; all including stop at Castaway Cay – Disney’s private island
Would you prefer to take a cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy, or spend a week at Disney World?