Best of Walt Disney World Events: February 2012
Disney Vacation Guide to February 2012 Events
February is a great time of year to visit Walt Disney World in Florida. It’s not swelteringly hot, crowds aren’t terribly bad, and there are some pretty fun events taking place.
1) The 2012 Disney Field Hockey Showcase
There’s no better place for field hockey clubs to be seen than at this USA Field Hockey event. Hundreds of college coaches will be on site scouting for talented field hockey players. If you have a team or an individual to register, click for details.
- Highlight: Watch the best of the best young field hockey players compete!
- When: February 8 Registration 3pm-7pm | February 9-11 Games take place between 8am-10pm | February 12 Games 8am-5pm, Awards ceremony 1pm-5pm
- Where: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Cost: Daily – Adult (ages 10+) $15.50; Child (ages 3-9) $10.50; Infants (2&Under) Free. Alternatively, pay admission for all days of tournament – Adult $46.50 (ages 10+); Child (ages 3-9) $31.50
2) Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend
This popular Disney running event is taking place on February 26 and it’s already 91% sold out at the time of this writing. Lace up your sneakers or slip into your glass running shoes, gather up your ladies in waiting and head to the most magical running event of the year. Race through the Magic Kingdom and Epcot theme parks and complete the 13.1 mile course for your tiara finisher medal!
- Highlight: Running around Disney World in benefit of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- When: Race starts at 5:45am on February 26, 2012
- Where: Start/Finish at Epcot
- Cost: Registration for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon is $150 and includes loads of goodies.
3) One More Disney Day
For the first time ever, both Disneyland and Disney World will be operational for 24 hours to celebrate the leap year. Talk for a marathon of magic! Read all about One More Disney Day here.
- Highlight: 24 continous hours of Disney magic!
- When: 6am Feb 29 2012-6am March 1
- Where: Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California
- Cost: Included with Regular Admission.
What’s your favorite thing about the month of February?