Best of Disney World Events: March 2012
Disney Vacation Guide: Best of Disney Events March 2012
If you’re going to be in Disney World during the month of March, let fun be your guide!
The following are 5 of the best events happening in Disney World during the month of March:
1) Spring Training
Head to the ESPN Wide World of Sports and catch the Atlanta Braves during their Spring Training season. Watch one of the eighteen games they’ll be playing here this year.
- Highlight: Hearing the crack of the bat in Disney World
- When: March 3 through April 2
- Where: ESPN Wide World of Sports, 700 S. Victory Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747
- Cost: Individual game tickets range from $15 to $51
2) Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
Whether you sport a green thumb or not, there’s no way you won’t be enchanted by the hundred+ topiaries (more than 75 of them Disney characters) that sprout up all over Epcot during the International Flower & Garden Festival. Learn about how to make your own gardens more beautiful by following the advice of HGTV stars as well as Disney’s own gardening experts.
- Highlight: Topiaries galore
- When: March 7 through May 20
- Where: 1510 North Avenue Of The Stars Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Cost: Theme Park Admission
3) Disney Volleyball Classic 2012
Hear the wonderful sound of sneakers squeaking against the court. The smack of the ball as it’s “volleyed” over the net. Live volleyball is pretty exciting to watch and The Orlando Volleyball Association will host the Disney Volleyball Classic Event in March.
- Highlight: Exhilaration of Disney volleyball
- When: March 23-25
- Where: Josten’s Center, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, 700 S. Victory Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747
- Cost: Age 10+:$15.50 Age 3-9: $10.50
4) 2012 Flower Power Concert Series
Part of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, this Concert series deserves its own event listing! The lineup is subject to change but for now The Guess Who (American Woman), Jose Feliciano (Light My Fire) and Starship Starring Mickey Thomas (We Built This City) are all slated to appear during the month of March!
- Highlight: Songs you (or your parents) remember
- When: Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday March 9 through May 20 at 5:15, 6:30 and 7:45
- Where: America Garens Theatre, World Showcase at Epcot, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Cost: Regular Epcot admission
5) Disney Trading Nights
Do some trading and make some friends! From pins to Vinylmations, see what you can get in exchange for your stuff!
- Highlight: Trading pins and making friends
- When: March 2, 6-9pm
- Where: Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Fantasia H Ballroom, 4600 N World Dr, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Disney event would you guide us to for weekend travels?