The 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon is sold out
Disney News: A few commemorative marathon spots still open through Runner’s World
Registration for the 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon has closed in under five months. One of fastest sellouts ever for the marathon, over 25,000 runners will be competing.
Unique Features for this year’s marathon
Part of the reason for the fast sellout are the unique features in conjunction with the 20th anniversary celebration:
- new course twists (new course routing through the Walt Disney World Speedway and Champion Stadium ballpark at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex)
- new commemorative Mickey Mouse medal with spinning elements
- special Mile 20 entertainment
- the post-race party and entertainment at Downtown Disney
- the opportunity to run with registered celebrities such as Gilles Marini, Alison Sweeney or Ethan Zohn.
Spaces left with Runner’s World Challenge
If you missed your chance, you can still grab a spot to run in Disney’s Marathon via the following options:
- the Runner’s World Challenge which includes training advice from the magazine’s editors, race registration and VIP amenities.
- register through a charity or group
- sign up for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on Jan. 12th, 2013.
Things to do if you’re not running
If you didn’t get a spot, there are still a number of events that make up the weekend and you can still be a part of the marathon vibe:
- Kids’ Races
- the Mickey Mile
- Family Run 5K
- Health and fitness Expo with everything running from technology and fashion to talks and workshops, all in the ESPN Sports Complex.
Did you register in time for the marathon?