Special holiday features on Disney cruises as of November
Disney News: Nautical holidays on Disney Fantasy, Dream Magic and Wonder
From Thanksgiving until New Year’s, Disney cruise ships are decked to the “raft-ers” in holiday magic. Whatever holiday you like to celebrate most, traditional feasts and decorations to parties and activities are all a part of enjoying holidays at sea. From five foot wreaths and holiday sprays as large as six feet to a three-deck tall tree, the entire ship is in the holiday spirit. And, iff you’re missing snow, Disney even has some “snow flurries” in store! It’s not only the décor, however – see below for other holiday fun that is in store:
Onboard holiday activities and events
The following activities begin in December during each of the cruises and include:
- “King Triton’s Tree Lighting”: on the first evening of each cruise, one special child gets to assist Disney characters to lit the three-deck tall tree in the atrium lobby.
- Family holiday crafts: stocking decorations, gingerbread houses and holiday cards.
- Holiday storytelling: tales of Disney holiday cruises, Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.
- Traditional holiday feasts.
- Major NFL football games playing on the outdoor screens (near Goofy’s family pool on the Disney Magic and Wonder; at Donald’s family pool on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy).
- “Til We Meet Again”: a holiday edition of this musical finale.
Special mini Christmas trees for your room can be ordered before your sail. Ornamental decorations include white mums and red berries, along with gifts and baskets, and you can even purchase the Disney Cruise ornaments at the ship’s gift shop as a keepsake.
Where else do you celebrate the holidays other than at home?