Join Downtown Disney’s Irish Hooley’ Festival Labor Day Weekend
Disney News: Rock with Full Set at Raglan Road’s Irish Festival Jam
The Irish know how to party and a big Labor Day celebration is planned at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Downtown Disney’s Pleasure Island. From celtic face painting to six-member, award-winning Irish dancers, there’s a variety of entertainment for the whole weekend.
Have you ever been part of a “Hooley”? It’s an Irish slang for a party and Raglan Road is packing in all the Irish celebrations of good food, beverages, song and dance. Sit back with some good Irish beer and listen to some traditional Irish tunes or learn the Ceili and groove on the dance floor.
The four day festival has a lineup of entertainment both inside and outside the pub
- Full Set plays starts their U.S. tour by playing at the Hooley festival for the entire weekend
- Elevation, the popular U2 Tribute band, plays sets on Saturday and Sunday
- The Irish Rogues
- Danny Burns
- Johnny “Snaggs” Norton
- Creel, Raglan’s house band
- Raglan Road Irish Dancers
The Dance Workshop
Among activities for the entire family, you can take a Dance Workshop led by Ronan McCormack, renowned Irish dancer and choreographer. You’ll learn a structured set dancing, similar to country line dancing, called the Ceili (kay-lee), that you can practice so you’re in good form when St. Patrick’s day rolls around!
- When: Friday August 31 to Monday, September 3, 2012
- Where: 1640 East Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836, United States