Hakuna matata – Disney’s Lion King Wing Opens today!
Disney News: The new wing at Art of Animation Resort opens with the Lion King theme
The third phase of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort opens today – the Lion King Wing! If you’re wondering where to stay in Disney and you love the award-winning Disney movie, you’ll be steeped in the African theme the moment you enter the resort, from familiar icons to colorful characters. Simba, Zazu, Timon and other beloved characters are placed throughout the hotel, from the courtyard to your own individual rooms. You’ll even see Scar and the hyenas lurking around!
The Family Suites
Even when you step inside your room, you’re still in the wilds of the Pride Lands. From African grasses accenting shelves and kitchenette backsplash to jungle prints on the curtains, bedspreads and carpet, each of the 320 themed family suites also include many of the Pride Land’s wild characters so you can sing “hakuna matata” whether you’re in the shower or going to sleep:
- Timon and Pumbaa play on the shower curtain
- Zazu and Simba sleep with you on the headboards
The Pride Lands of Africa Courtyard
The focal point of the resort is the courtyard, where most of the beloved characters are larger-than-life:
- Zazu perched on a rocky outcrop beckoning you with a wingtip
- King Mufasa poised on Pride Rock
- Timon, Pumbaa and Simba crossing a log bridge
- hyenas, Banzai, Shenzi and Ed, snarl over the bones in the Elephant’s Graveyard
- Scar lurks and slinks in close proximity to the hyenas
- two bathrooms
- a kitchenette
- three separate sleeping areas (can accommodate up to six)
If that price is a little steep, wait for the fourth phase of the resort – the Little Mermaid wing – the 864 standard rooms there start ats $94 and sleep up to four.