Disney World Theme Parks: New for September and October 2012
Disney News: Coming up in the parks – Fall 2012
With a new Fantasyland Expansion debuting for this holiday season, something new seems to be around every corner at Disney World. Following is a park-by-park overview of what’s taking place in Disney during fall 2012:
- Night of Joy: It’s the 30th Anniversary of this contemporary Christian music festival and award-winning Chris Tomlin and NEEDTOBREATHE will be headlining Sept. 7-8, 2012. More than 16 artists will be performing, including megastars Casting Crowns, Kutless, Third Day and MercyMe.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party: From “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks show to a Halloween parade, there are 23 nights of happy trick-or-treating (from Sept. 11th to Nov. 2nd). Dress your kids in a costume and let them live out their fantasies at Disney. You must purchase a ticket to attend this event.
- 17th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival: From sampling hundreds of dishes and beverages to attending culinary seminars and catching an Eat to Beat concert (Javier Colon and Smash Mouth appear for the first time), this is the international foodie event of the year. Starting on September 28, 2012, you have 46 days to eat and drink your way around the world!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler: Disney’s newest race, this weekend event debuts September 29-29, 2012. The 10-mile race winds through Hollywood Studios and has the special bonus of hopping on thrilling rides late at night.
- Great Irish Hooley: Disney knows how to put on a hooley (Irish for celebration) and from Aug. 31-Sept. 3, 2012, Celtic face painting, Irish Dance Workshops and music will be held at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant at Pleasure Island. Performances by Full Set and five Irish bands will have everyone tapping their feet.
- Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality: Starting September 1st, head to the West side and groove with Phineas and Ferb at the Bongos Cuban Café. The new virtual experience includes a commemorative photo you can share with friends and family.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
The long awaited final phase at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort arrives September 15th with the Little Mermaid wing. Dive into the waters from the enormous character icons, room decor or the 35-foot-tall King Triton reigning over the courtyard.
What’s your favorite fall event at Disney?