Best of Disney Events October 2012
Disney News: Halloween and food harvest is the focus for this month!
It’s October and that means Halloween and food harvesting – the focus is no different at Disney this month:
Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
Yes, we’re disappointed but there isn’t a horse-drawn Halloween Hayride this year. Although it’s not an official Disney event, the closer to Halloween it gets, the more Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground has its own unique decorations, not done up by Disney but the campers themselves. From scarecrows to cemeteries, each year presents a unique assortment of Halloween decorations. If you book a golf cart rental, it’s the easiest way to get around the 750 acres of the campsite to see all of the decorations.
- Highlight: Unique Halloween decorations
- When: Throughout October
- Where: 4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Already started, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is fun for the whole family during 23 nights. You need a ticket to take part in the event that includes special “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks, a Boo-to-you Halloween parade and lots of candy and trick-or-treating!
- Highlight: Candy, parade and fireworks!
- When: From September 11th to November 2nd 2012 on select days
- Where: 1180 Seven Seas Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Rounding out September is the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival that starts on the 28th. Sample food, wine, beer, attend seminars or listen to a concert – you have 46 days to do it all in the international foodie event of the year.
- Highlight: Get interactive
- When: September 28 to November 12, 2012
- Where: 1510 North Avenue of the Stars Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Which Disney event are you going to in October?