Award-winning artists headline Disney’s Night of Joy in September 2012
Disney News: 30th Anniversary of Christian Music at the Magic Kingdom
To celebrate 30 years of contemporary Christian music at Disney, Chris Tomlin and NEEDTOBREATHE are headlining the popular music festival. More than 16 artists will be performing, including megastars Casting Crowns, Kutless, Third Day and MercyMe. A special ticket has to be purchased for this after-hours event – many attractions will be open along with the musical performances.
Award Winning Artists
At the 2012 GMA Dove Awards, artists that are playing at Night of Joy received the following awards:
- NEEDTOBREATHE won in the following categories: Group of the Year, Rock/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year and Rock/Contemporary Album of the Year
- Lecrae, hip-hop-Gospel artist won in the following categories: Rap/Hip Hop Recorded Song of the Year and Rap/Hip Hop Album of the Year
- Chris Tomlin won the Praise and Worship Album of the Year “Special Event Album of the Year” category for their contributions to “The Story,” an all-star CD and DVD project based on the Nativity.
- Members of Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Third Day and artists Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Brandon Heath and Lecrae also were recognized in the “Special Event Album of the Year” category for their contributions to “The Story,” an all-star CD and DVD project based on the Nativity.
The 2012 Artistic Lineup for Night of Joy
- Friday, September 7, 2012: Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, NEEDTOBREATHE, Red, Francesca Battistelli, Brandon Heath, Royal Tailor, Disciple.
- Saturday, September 8, 2012: MercyMe, Third Day, Kutless, Chris August, Lecrae, Yolanda Adams, Thousand Foot Krutch and Dara Maclean.
- When: Friday, September 7 and Saturday September 8, 2012 from 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Where: Magic Kingdom
- Cost: $52.95 + tax/pre-purchase; $62.95 + tax/day of event. While artists perform at several stages, many popular Magic Kingdom attractions also are available for guests.
What’s your favorite type of music?